In the latest SBC Podcast I was joined by some returning guests who I last hosted on SBC Podcast #25 over 2 years ago.
Duncan and Neil Campbell are the sibling duo whose expertise makes up Golf Betting Club, the fantastic tipping service that has been going strong since its inception in 2020.
2 years is a long time in the golf world so I had lots of new things to talk to the Campbells about! Tours, markets and media coverage are all quite different from our last chat in 2021 so we covered lots of new ground.
Tipping ‘etiquette’, exotic markets, finding value in play and odds availability were some of the other topics that we focussed on.
With ‘GBC’ and SBC sharing a philosophy when it comes to betting, we have ‘partnered up’ for 2024. We love the way that GBC do things, think their in-play angle is a really strong USP and are delighted to welcome them to our Premium Tipster Stable.
We talk a little about that in this chat, alongside everything touched on above and so much more.
An In=Depth Chat With Hardened Golf Punters
In this episode, Duncan, Neil and I discuss:
- Duncan & Neil’s dynamic, how they balance betting & tipping with other work and managing time with such an all-consuming business
- Watching tournaments to find value and keep abreast of player performance
- Getting on, exchanges and the challenges of backing value once you have found it
- Place terms, the timing of bets and balancing value with attainability for members
- Tipsters betting on Mondays and how GBC’s approach is different with ‘Best’, ‘Tracked’ and ‘Minimum’ prices all provided for their subscribers
- Betting in-play and why the Campbells often prefer it over pre-tournament action
- Exotic markets, 3-balls and the edges available outside of the core markets
- How player profiling can help with in-play betting, especially for those players consistently disrespected by the markets
- Reflecting on performance, planned improvements and changes in the golf betting markets
- LIV, The PGA Tour, The DPWT and how the politics of golf may well offer up betting opportunities
- Statistics, popular metrics and how the Campbells have their own approaches to assessing players, especially when they play on different tours
- Pre-event vs. in play & using the first round to gauge whether a player makes the shortlist
- Variance, losing runs and dealing with this (as both tipsters and punters)
- Where to find GBC and how to access their content (much of which is free!)
- Predictions for 2024 and beyond
It is great to speak to tipsters who take so much care in how and when they release tips, with attainability at the forefront of their mind with every message they send out.
This chimes with our ethos at the SBC and with so much else on offer, I can recommend following Golf Betting Club on social media (@golfbettingclub) or visiting their website if you have an interest in the sport (and betting on it!).
You can also learn more about ‘GBC’ on their SBC page, with sign up options for SBC members (and non-members) available at the bottom of the page.