Expert Tipster Reviews
As a Smart Betting Club member you can gain full access to our secret list of the best performing expert tipsters that have a track record of making money betting through their tips.
This winning information has come through years of working closely in the betting industry, reviewing the good the bad and the ugly of the tipster world.
So, whether it is to simply make a bit of extra cash to go on holiday each year or a genuine attempt to make more significant sums, our tipster reviews can help you find the right experts to follow.
The Tipster Review Process
Each tipster reviewed by us at the Smart Betting Club goes through an intensive review analysis process in order to fully examine just how profitable or not they might actually be.
Whether it be a horse racing, football, baseball, golf or tennis tipster under the review microscope – we leave no stone unturned in our quest to examine what is on offer.
After all, only genuine tipsters that have a realistic track record of success achieve a Smart Betting Club recommendation and entry into our Hall of Fame.
This is why we only review tipsters that meet the following criteria:
- They are willing to proof to us for a long-term period (usually a minimum of at least 1-2 years ahead of any review);
- They operate a professional service;
- They operate ethically with good customer service;
- They keep a detailed record of performance and are fully transparent;
- They showcase a clear edge over the bookmaker and the ability to make a profit betting.
It’s also important to note that we do not review tipsters that only provide tips via social media.
Only once we have compiled a thorough set of data analysis and have built up a long-term experience of their service via proofing, will we then review them on behalf of SBC members.
‘A Massive Fan Of Your Service’……
Actual member testimonial
Odds Movement Tracking Analysis
One of the most important aspects of each SBC tipster review is the ‘Odds Movement Tracking’ we perform.
This helps to gauge the individual price movements of any advised tip over time and compare it to the results the service claims.
For example, if a tipster advises a tip at 6/1, yet within 5 minutes the best odds you can obtain for it are 4/1, then that is a black mark against the service. Can you realistically match the results they claim?
Equally, if a tipster advises a tip at 6/1 and after 60 minutes the same odds are still available, then this indicates a service with good odds availability.
The odds movement tracking we perform varies from tipster to tipster, based on their sport and betting market, and it is a very useful gauge of just how practical any tipster actually is.
The easier it is to obtain or improve on the settled odds, then the greater the appeal to you as a potential member of their tipping service.
The One Place You Can Go
– Actual Member Testimonial
10 Different Tipster Ratings
For each tipster under our review microscope, we also rate them on 10 different aspects of the service they offer. This is based on a scale of 1 (very bad) to 5 (very good) and we constantly update these ratings to ensure they are relevant.
To help showcase how they can help you, here is a brief guide to the ratings we provide for each tipster and exactly what they indicate:
- Returns (AKA Profits!): This is always the first rating we supply as ultimately a tipster is only as good as the profits it can make you. The greater the profit, Return On Investment or betting bank growth, then the higher this rating will be!
- Risk: There is always an element or risk in following any tipster, yet for some the level of risk is greater than others. For example, a tipster with only a 1-year history of profitable tips is in essence a riskier proposition than a tipster with a 5-year profitable record.
Equally a tipster that chops and changes strategy every few months is going to rate poorly compared to an expert with a more settled method. Our risk rating communicates exactly how ‘safe’ your money might be when following a tipster.
- Cost: Exactly how much does a tipster charge and how does that compare with others offering a similar service? The cost rating rewards those offering the best value for money service and helps you find the best, more affordable expert.
- Odds Availability: For many tipsters, especially those supplying racing tips, odds availability is a critical tipster rating. After all, if you as a potential customer of a tipster are unable to obtain the odds they claim, then there is little reason in following them.
- Transparency: With this rating, we relate just how open and honest a tipster is. For example – do they publish accurate and detailed results on their website or do they keep them hidden from view? Transparency and openness is key in the tipster industry.
- Customer Service: We also keenly observe the customer service experience you might receive if a member of any given tipping service. How quickly do they reply to emails and how do they treat you as a customer? This rating outlines our experience and understanding of the quality of service on offer.
- Suggested Portfolio Weighting: Should you choose to join a tipster, exactly how much money and what proportion of your betting bank should you apply to them? This rating outlines our recommendation, based on our overall confidence in the service and the strength of our ratings.
- Patience: How long might you need to assign in terms of time to ensure a clear profit from following any given tipster? Our patience rating outlines this and is based on the profile of the tipster, their historical record and the odds/strike-rate they operate to.
- Points Betting Bank: For each tipster we analyse, we also suggest the size ‘points betting bank’ we advocate you use to maximise your profits. This is designed to cover potential losing runs and maximise winning runs without ever going ‘bust’! Its all part of the money management advice we provide to help you make the most from your betting.
- Recommendation: Our final rating provides an overall guide to the recommendation we currently apply to any tipster. The higher a tipster rates and the longer it has been in service, then the greater the recommendation for you to purchase a subscription with them.
Hall of Fame Tipsters
To help you even further, we also put the very best tipsters in our ‘Hall of Fame’, which is our regularly updated list of top tipster recommendations.
Any service listed in our Hall Of Fame section has been fully proofed by us as a genuine, professional and above all profitable service. We make assessments based on first hand experience that we have made a profit using them and where we see no obvious reason why these profits won’t continue in the short to medium term.
Very often a Hall of Fame rating has been won over a long period of time, with the majority of tipsters listed within this having a track record dating back several years. Longevity and consistency of profits is key to receiving a Hall of Fame rating.