In the latest SBC Podcast I am joined by Andrew Mount, the well-respected horse racing punter, author and tipster who currently produces content for various outlets, including gg.co.uk and Sportslens.
Andrew has a wealth of experience in the industry – bookmaking, odds compilation, pro-punting, writing, journalism and tipping – he’s done it all! Including hitting the jackpot several times on the Tote Scoop 6 and making a small fortune.
It is impossible to listen to Andrew and not learn something along the way. This chat covered so many areas of interest and I thoroughly enjoyed it – I’m sure that you will too!
An in-depth chat with one of the leading horse racing voices
In this episode, Andrew and I discuss:
- Andrew’s introduction to gambling on horses and how he learnt about the intricacies of the sport.
- The rocky road that led to his work in the industry.
- Prolific writing and authoring his ground-breaking Trend Horses books
- Odds compilation, working for bookmakers and a scary job interview with Paddy Power!
- How clerking on course taught Andrew to look at betting differently.
- Betfair’s revolutionary effect on the industry and how Andrew made in-running betting pay.
- Systems betting and how tracking software can reduce a punter’s workload considerably.
- How high volume betting can be beneficial for getting money down.
- Winning the Scoop6 on multiple occasions.
- How the Tote’s new management are reviving the pari-mutuel system with some ground-breaking innovations.
- Adapting to the industry landscape to get bets down.
- Worries about the future of the horse racing industry (and gambling as a whole)
- Andrew’s profitable record and how the markets react to his selections.
Andrew was a fascinating guest and we could have talked for hours as he has so much to share!
Finally – an SBC review of Andrew and his GG.co.uk Tipping Column is now in the works!