For the latest SBC Podcast and a festive special, I had a guest with a difference and a man more used to asking the questions than answering them – Simon Nott.
Simon is perhaps best known for his #BettingPeople interview series (I was a guest earlier this year) but his expertise does not end there! He is a fountain of knowledge; punting, writing, bookmaking, blogging, publishing, broadcasting – he’s done it all!
You can listen to Episode 48 now via Apple / Spotify / Google and all other major podcast directories (search Smart Betting Club)
We talk about:
- Simon’s book and his two professional loves – racing and rock ‘n’ roll
- The magic of the betting ring, Simon’s experiences of the hustle and bustle of working for bookmakers and a beginner’s guide to tic-tac!
- The background to Simon’s exotic wardrobe!
- Punting and fruitful friendships that have boosted profits along the way
- #BettingPeople, it’s back story and some gossip about the guests!
- The future of bookmaking and the gambling industry
Simon was a brilliant guest and his enthusiasm shone through during all of the topics we discussed. As well as having enough anecdotes to fill 10 podcasts, his wealth of experience in the betting world provided so many valuable insights. He is also one of the nicest guys you could ever hope to meet so definitely go and say hello if you see him on course!
The big news this week is my appearance in the Betting People series of video interviews as published by the bookmaker, Star Sports.
You can watch them all 4 of the 15 minute video interviews via this link: https://www.starsportsbet.co.uk/bettingpeople-peter-ling/
Amongst a wide variety of topics I discuss:
- How SBC works and the reality of following modern day tipsters
- The need to focus long-term when making important betting decisions
- The sport that is the most profitable to bet on currently
- My own betting and the need to tailor tipster services to fit your circumstances and preferences.
- How I use runners and get bets on
- The power of connecting and building relationships with other bettors
- Some of the simple mathematical concepts that are vitally important to success
- What I find to be the biggest fundamental difference between a winning and losing punter
- Why free tipsters need to be treated cautiously as per the motivations and reasons why they are free
- Why the actual ‘winning’ side of betting has become the easy part these days.
- How to get started and choose the right tipsters for you
- Plans for SBC moving forward
For those of you keen to learn more on the world of tipsters and SBC’s goal of helping people with their betting, these video interviews are a great place to get started.
Sign-up for a Smart Betting Club membership today