In my email last week, I touched upon the pain of losing bets, a topic that seems to have spoken to many of you judged by my mailbox over the last 7 days.
Most betting sites or tipsters won’t tackle this subject (for obvious reasons) yet it seems plenty of you are looking for answers on this subject.
Whether it be learning how to stay on track during a losing run, dealing with how losing bets can affect your mood or simply a desire to help you cope better during times of betting adversity – I hope my email today can help provide some assistance.
When it comes to handing losing, it is all part of what I term the ‘battle of the betting mind’
And it is this ‘battle’ that I have seen make the difference between success and failure for many a punter.
Yes, you might be following a profitable tipster, but if I gave 25 random people access to the same tipster and the same setup, I would likely get 25 different sets of results.
The profit and loss for each of the 25 will vary depending on whether they followed the tipster properly in terms of placing every bet, staking consistently, taking the right odds with the right bookmaker and of course how they handle losing bets…
“In 2016, I made GBP 38,000 on horse racing “…
“Although I’ve changed some of the tipsters I follow, there’s a core group whom I rely on. In 2016, I managed to make GBP 38,000 on horse racing.”
As written by ‘K’ – An SBC member for several years
How To Handle Losing Bets – 5 Tips
Fully aware of the challenges many punters face during this ‘battle of the betting mind’, I commissioned a special 54-page Betting Psychology Report, entitled ‘How to get the Betting X-Factor‘ to tackle it in greater detail.
Authored by betting psychology expert, Jeff Smith, his report serves to unravel what lies behind successful sports betting and ultimately help you adopt the mindset of a professional gambler.
Because after all, finding a good tipster is the easiest part (many of our Hall of Fame tipsters tick all the right boxes) but adopting the right mindset requires expert guidance.
For example, one section is dedicated to how ‘thinking in probabilities’ can really help us cope with losing bets and puts forward 5 tips to improve our betting mind.
I have summarised them as follows:
- Always believe that anything can happen: Never bet your house on something because you believe something is guaranteed – Who would have thought that New England Patriots would win the Superbowl when 28-3 down!
- Understand that you don’t need to know what is going to happen next in order to make money: You take a position on something uncertain like the result of football match, but you can’t control the outcome.
- Keep in mind that there is a random distribution between wins and losses for any given set of variables that define an edge. Even a coin flipped 10 times could come up heads every time!
- Remember an edge is nothing more than an indication of a higher probability of one thing over another. Just because you backed a horse at 6/1 when it should be 4/1 doesn’t mean it will win! It’s still a 4/1 shot. It will win 1 in every 4 races on average.
- Finally, accept that every moment in betting is unique. You’re never ‘due a winner’ and just because you nailed your football bets last weekend doesn’t mean you do it again this weekend. If you backed Man Utd to win last week, it will have no bearing on whether your next bet on Man Utd will win. They are 2 completely separate events.
4 Step Success Formula
Inside the report, Jeff also puts forward his own simple 4-step success formula when betting, which he outlines as follows:
Broken down into each part it makes perfect sense.
Get the winning strategy, stake correctly, stick to your budget and as long as YOU can handle the ups and downs of betting, then you will enjoy positive results.
Here is how the Smart Betting Club is setup to help you do exactly this:
- Strategy: We track 55+ of the best tipsters and constantly review new ones to put forward the best experts for you to follow. Finding the right tipster is the easy part!
- Money Management: Not only do we reveal the best tipsters, we also show you how to follow them correctly with our betting bank recommendations. Discover how much you can safely stake on each tipster to maximise profits and minimise risk.
- Capital: We all have different betting budgets, but we can help you whatever your starting point – whether it be following free tipsters (such as the 4 supplied to you as an SBC member) or those that charge a little more. The key point is that any tipster you do follow offers value for money.
- You: The final ingredient is how you pull it all together and win the battle of the betting mind. Reports like the Betting X-Factor by Jeff or our Pro Gambler Blueprint will help you on this front.
“Becoming A Better Punter”
“The Smart Betting Club helps you to become a better punter and simply make more money betting. My members have the numbers to prove it.
Samuel – Bettin.gs
Win Your Betting Battle!
Our goal here at SBC is a simple one – to help you make money betting, which is why it’s so important to me to help as many of you as possible when it comes to this topic.
I don’t want to shy away from the difficult challenges like losing bets as the chances are – you will lose more bets than you win over your betting lifetime.
If you are keen to understand more than do check out Jeff’s Betting Factor report – here are some of the other insights he also reveals within it:
- How to achieve continuous marginal gains in sports betting.
- Key questions to ask yourself as you bet
- How to build your betting investment plan.
- Money management – stake size and psychology.
- The power of beliefs.
- How to remove limiting beliefs.
- How to think in terms of probability.
- How to develop yourself for betting success.
Access to Jeff’s Betting X Factor Magazine is available the instant you become a Smart Betting Club member
What’s more, you can currently save £35 on the cost of subscription so don’t delay, sign-up here right now and let us help you get started betting better right away!
See you on the inside.