In the latest SBC Podcast I have something a little different for you.
Instead of interviewing a ‘traditional’ guest, I was joined by two of my SBC colleagues, Rowan and Josh, to discuss our new resource – The 5 Stages of Profitable Betting.
(The 5 stages takes you from beginner through to expert and all points on the ‘betting journey’ from using regular bookies to exchanges and sharp bookies/brokers)
Many betting podcasts (including ours) focus on interesting stories, guests’ opinions or in-depth discussions about services. Whilst I love making (and listening) to this content, what we have here is practical advice for bettors of all levels, with our personal experiences referenced at every stage.
We start off with advice for new bettors and progress through to (inevitable) account restrictions, using sharp bookmakers, increasing volume and so much more.
Whatever stage of betting you are at – beginner through to hardened pro – we hope that there is something inside for you!
Please be aware that there is a Part 2, where we discuss specific tipsters for each stage. To access this content, you will require a SBC Membership.
An in-depth chat about how to maximise your profit
In this episode Rowan, Josh and I discuss:
- Our first tipster experiences and how we started out
- Understanding how risk appetite, time, account availability and your own mentality will affect which services are best for you
- Getting to know yourself as a bettor
- Betting banks, research and setting yourself up for success
- Recording results and different ways to measure tipster services
- Drawdown analysis and why it can help put losing runs into context
- Sports markets and how they are different
- Starting out
- Bookmaker accounts – ‘dos and don’ts’
- Tipsters – what to look for and what to avoid
- Diversifying, building and more advanced betting
- Managing bookmaker accounts when restrictions bite
- The different types of betting mediums, from soft and sharp bookmakers through to exchanges and shops
- The challenges of betting in higher volumes with lower ROIs
- Adapting over time and the challenges that this presents
This was an enjoyable podcast to record and we hope that you get something from what we discussed! ‘The 5 Stages of Profitable Betting’ is introduced on this page with more detail about what is inside the site for members.
Part 2 – Discover the services we recommend
The good news is that we have also recorded a Part Two, where we go into more depth and share specific services that are suitable at each stage.
This includes some of the tipsters we have either followed in the past or do so at the moment. We talk about why we chose them, how best to use them and which stage(s) they are suitable for.