If like me and approximately half of the population then the start of January will have seen you set some new year resolutions, as we look to get fitter, stop smoking or most likely if you are reading this – Make Money Betting.
The sad fact is that most of us give up on our resolutions after only a few weeks, and if making money betting was your goal, this can often be a costly exercise filled with losing bets, especially if attempting it on your own.
So to help with the goal of betting successfully in mind, today I wanted to share my 5 top tips to making your betting new year’s resolution stick!
SBC’s 5 Top Tips To Making Your Betting New Year’s Resolutions Stick
- TIP 1: Take small steps. Many people stop betting because they expect to do it all at once, leaving far too big an initial step;
WHY: A lot of people fail when betting because they rush in, placing too many bets at large stakes they can ill afford. Far better to make small incremental bets and see the profits accumulate over time. If you can make £1000 from £5 stakes in 6 months…just imagine what £25 stakes or £50 will make you!
- TIP 2: Set realistic, specific goals. Making money betting is not a specific goal. Making £1000 in 6 months would be;
WHY: Because having a set goal gives you something to work towards and helps you stay on track when things get hard. Just make sure you keep any goal actually achievable in the real world.
- TIP 3: Expect there to be occasional losses and setbacks. Nothing good comes easy all the time, be realistic that you will have bad days;
WHY: Don’t give up at the first sign of a losing week as they are a fact of life when betting. Far too many people give up betting at the first sign of trouble and often miss out on profits.
- TIP 4: Have an accountability buddy, someone close to you that you have to report to;
WHY: Running all your major betting decisions by somebody you trust will stop you making rash decisions and help keep you focused. These are often the decisions on the systems/tipsters to follow or how much to stake. An accountability buddy can also help keep you motivated in tough times.
- Tip 5: Celebrate your betting success between milestones. Don’t wait for the goal to be finally completed;
WHY: It’s important to reward success and enjoy the profits that betting brings with it. Treat yourself when things go well and when you start to see the reap the benefits of betting successfully. This will help you stick to your guns long-term.
Enjoyed This…Why Not Consider A Smart Betting Club Membership?
Of course, one of the best ways to make any new year’s resolution a success is in having experts to guide you along the way. Here at the Smart Betting Club, we have over 6 years experience of helping people making money betting. We have lots to help get you started betting profitably for 2013 that you can access as soon as you join including..
- The Professional Gambler Blueprint – Supplied for free to all new members, this seven part guide covers all aspects of how to set up for betting success as explained by professional gamblers themselves
- SBC Tipster Profit Reports – Published 6 times a year, these unique reports contain our latest tipster ratings, including Hall of Fame and at a glance comparative league tables on over 50 different tipsters. Helping you quickly and easily find the best tipsters for you to follow.
- SBC Magazines – Published monthly they feature our independent tipster reviews, how-to guides, expert interviews and free systems and strategies for you to follow.
- Our Secret Betting System Guide, which features 3 profitable betting systems for you to use straight-away on Racing, Football and Golf.